Become a Mentor
We are always looking for interested, available, and qualified individuals to mentor kids in our program. If you’re interested in learning more or starting the application process, complete the form below. Have questions? Consult the list of frequently asked questions.
Learn more about the logistics and expectations of mentoring in our program.
No formal experience is necessary.
Meet once a week (1-3 hours) for at least one year.
Boys and girls between 10-17.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- Generally, you need to have lived in the Denver metro area for at least a year.
- We cannot accept applicants with a felony on their record.
- We cannot accept applicants with a violent crime or crime against a child on their record.
- If you have a DUI on your record, 5 years must have passed since completing your probation.
- If you have a history of drug/alcohol abuse, you must have at least 5 years of sobriety and/or abstinence.
Each mentor is assigned a Mentoring Specialist who will consider geography, interests, life experience, personality, and other factors in order to match you with a compatible mentee. The Mentoring Specialist will then advise you and support you throughout the duration of the relationship.
Once you are matched with a mentee, you will be picking him or her up from home and doing an activity in the community. We have found that this is much easier to do if you have your own vehicle.
Begin the Process
We appreciate your interest in mentoring and look forward to connecting soon! Upon completion of this form, we will reach out to you to discuss the program, our full application, mentor training, and more.