Request a Mentor
Interested in a mentor for a child in your life?
Mentors are great, and they often play a significant role in a child’s journey. Incidentally, each mentee also has a special place in the mentor’s life.
While we wish everyone could have a mentor, our capacity and volunteers are limited. As such, we have a waiting list for mentees, and the wait can be a number of months. Moreover, completing the form below DOES NOT guarantee the child will receive a mentor. This is just the first step in the process.
Because our mentors are not usually experts in child and adolescent development, we CANNOT accept kids who are
- involved with gang activity.
- struggling with drugs or alcohol, requiring professional addictions counseling.
- experiencing severe mental or behavioral health issues.
Additionally, each child must
- be 10-17 years old.
- be able to express why he/she wants a mentor.
- be experiencing at least one risk factor (listed below on form).