We are excited to know that you are interested in mentoring, and we would like to help you begin your mentoring journey. You probably have some basic questions about mentoring and what it involves, so we’ll try to address some of them in this email.
- Mentors are asked to mentor for a minimum of one year. We ask that you plan to spend 1-3 hours per week with your mentee.
- Mentors are asked to attend an initial training session at the SOY office in North Denver.
- Mentors are thoroughly screened, and an in-depth background check is conducted before any contact with a mentee is permitted.
- Mentors are given constant support and care through Save Our Youth staff working alongside them.
- Save Our Youth has three core components that help us focus our mentoring to support a young person.
- Spiritual Development: We want every mentee to grow and mature in knowing God.
- Education Development: We want every mentee to be academically successful, and we offer Summer Academies to help students get to grade level in math and language arts.
- Emotional Development: We want every mentee to learn valuable life skills that often come through a healthy relationship with a caring adult.
- Mentees are between the ages of 10 and 17 and live all over the Denver metro area. We try to match you with a mentee who lives within 20-30 minutes of you.
- Mentees are not mandated to participate in our program and are asked to explain why they want a mentor. Guardians are also supportive of their child’s involvement.
Click below to proceed:
- Steps for Getting Involved
This provides you the information for moving through our process of becoming a mentor.
- Mentor Application
Complete the application if you are interested in moving forward. If you prefer a .pdf version of the application, please notify us so we can email or mail the alternate version.
Once your application is received and passes an initial screening, we will contact you to set up a date for your training. (The dates of upcoming training evenings are included with the “Steps for Getting Involved.”)
If you have any questions, please email or call. We would be happy to talk with you and help you decide if this incredible journey of mentoring is right for you. We thank God for your interest in mentoring with us.